Yogurt is the most nutritious dairy product made by bacterial fermentation of milk. “Yogurt Culture” is the method that ferments lactose, the natural sugar present in milk to make yogurt. Yogurt is beneficial in several ways:
- Helps to Maintain Healthy Gastrointestinal Activity: Yogurt contains many beneficial probiotics such as lactobacillus and bifidobacterium that helps to get rid from diarrhea, constipation, inflammatory bowel disease, etc. The Probiotics present in yogurt helps to flush off the harmful bacteria from gut.
- Boosts Immune System: Yogurt helps in boosting the immune response by
enhancing resistance from infection.
- Rich in Nutrients: Yogurt is rich in calcium and Vitamin D. Calcium and Vitamin D helps in enhancing the bone mass. It is also rich in Vitamin B, mainly vitamin B12 and riboflavin, both of which may protect against heart disease and certain neural tube birth defects. It is rich in protein which helps in weight control.
Yogurt has Several Other Advantages:
- Face Mask: It can be used as face mask for skin tightening and shrinking larger pores (1 teaspoon of yogurt + 1 teaspoon of honey). It makes skin softer, controls aging, fights against pimples and acne, relieves sunburn and reduces skin discoloration hence helping the skin to glow.
- Keeps Away Dandruff: Yogurt has proven to be very beneficial if you are worried of dandruff. Mix 2 -3 teaspoon of yogurt with 1 teaspoon olive oil and 1 teaspoon lemon. Apply this mask on to the scalp and leave it for 30 mins. Wash your hair with mild shampoo and feel the difference.
Helps in Loosing Belly Fat: Cortisol is the hormone that leads to accumulation of fat around the belly. Intake of Yogurt can reduce the release of this hormone through cell signaling and helps in reduction of fat accumulation. Bloating and constipation are also reduced if yogurt is included everyday in diet.