Acne is the most common problem among teenagers, due to hormonal changes and onset of puberty. But apart from teenagers, acne can occur to any individual. The common affected areas are face, chest, back and scalp.
Types of Acne
- Whiteheads: These are very small and are embedded under skin.
- Blackheads: Blackheads are commonly visible on the surface in black color.
- Papules: These are clearly visible as pinkish bumps.
- Pustules: These are visible at the surface with pus at the top and reddish from base.
- Nodules: These are solid pimples, larger than other acne and are quite painful embedded deep inside.
Ice: Take an ice cube and wrap it in a cotton cloth, you can also use crushed ice as well. Apply on the affected areas for a while.
Toothpaste: Apply white toothpaste to the affected area and leave it over night. Wash the face next morning. This works as wonder as the swelling h=gets reduced dramatically.
Baking Soda: Apply the mask of baking soda (Mix 1 teaspoon of baking soda and add little water to make a paste) for few minutes and then wash away. You can also add few drops of lemon, honey and cinnamon powder to it.
Steam: Cover your face with a towel while taking steam. This will open the pores by removing oil and dirt from skin and hence allows skins to breathe.
Garlic: Take a clove of garlic and crush it, apply it gently on the skin. Alternatively, you can have a clove everyday to get rid of acne and upset stomach.
Cucumber: Make a paste of cucumber, aloe vera, honey and lemon and apply it to the affected area. This will remove the dead cells and help in exfoliating.