Infused water is the new trend to keep your body hydrated and healthy with proper supply of nutrients, minerals, vitamins, etc. Most of the people find plain water to be boring and hence difficult to consume as per the body requirement. Hence to overcome such problems infused water has been introduced. The advantages of these infused water is that it contains all the natural fruits, herbs and spices to add on the flavor to water.
Infused water has come into light because of the fact it doesn’t have any additives, extra sweeteners or flavoring agents added to it. Hence, it doesn’t harm body and maintains proper supply of required nutrients to it.
How To prepare Infused Water?
- Preparation of infused water is very easy; it only requires a jar or an infuser bottle with normal or cold water whichever preferred along with some citrus fruits, spices (cinnamon, jalapeno), mint leaves, etc.
- Slice the hard fruits such as apples in a much thinner sections so as to easily release its flavor.
- Crush fibrous ginger root, rosemary, and lemongrass with a muddler or wooden spoon; tear or crush leafy herbs like mint, basil, and cilantro to release their oils.
- Infused water should not be kept at normal temperature for more than 2 hours. Refrigerate it in fridge and store it for further use.
- Make sure you peel off the citrus fruits after 4 hours. Otherwise it may add bitter taste to flavor, also fresh cut citrus fruits can be replaced in order to make the water look good.
- This water can also be stored up to 3 days by straining out the solids and then refrigerating for up to 3 days.
Refreshing Combos for Preparation of Infused Water:
- Sliced Melon + Basil Leaves
- Sliced Apple + Cinnamon Sticks
- Lemon Slice + Cucumber Slice + Strawberry Sliced + Mint
- Orange Slices + Blueberry
- Kiwi Sliced + Strawberry Sliced + Mint
- Firm Ripe Mango + Strawberry + Mint