Charcoal has a detoxifying property. It removes the toxins from skin and pull out the impurities and extra oil from face. This mask seems to be very beneficial and had excellent results on removing blackheads or white heads from skin, hence cleaning the pores. Face mask not only helps in removing dirt and pollution from face but also helps in skin tightening and bring back the inner glow by removing the dead skin cells.
Steps to make a charcoal face mask at home?
- Take a teaspoon of charcoal powder easily available in any medical store, you can alternatively try charcoal capsules and take off the charcoal from them in a bowl.
- Get non-toxic child glue easily available at a stationary store.
- You can also add honey to it for smoothness (Optional).
- Mix both until the paste is even.
- Apply the mask on the face directly and let it dry.
- Keep it for 20-30 minutes.
- Peel off the mask slowly as it can be quite painful.
- Clean your face with a towel soaked it warm water or you can directly wash your face with warm water.
- Always use non-toxic glues that doesn’t harm skin.
- Wash your face with warm water or soak a towel and gently rub on the skin.
- Use a moisturizer or cream as the face becomes dry after mask is peeled off.