What is pcod? Poly Cystic Ovarian Disease is most commonly prevailing in women with endocrine pcod to be the most common in all other types. Poly Cystic is the term used when the ovary get enlarged than the usual shape and becomes denser developing many smaller cysts at the outer layer. Pcod occurs when the male hormone in the body increases thus leading to hormonal imbalance, which can be due to higher level of androgen or estrogen in body. Hormonal imbalance even leads to irregular menstrual cycle, facial hair growth, acne and pimples. This may also lead to infertility due to lack of ovulation.
Other names for PCOD are Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) or the Stein-Leventhal syndrome.
Symptoms of Pcod
Pcod has been so common that every 1 women out of 10 is found of suffering from this disease. The other symptoms include:
– irregular menstrual flow
– abnormal facial hair growth
– pimples and acnes
– dark patches on neck and back
– hormonal imbalance
– high insulin level may also increase the male hormone level in body
– Weight Loss: Weight loss is the most effective way to start with the treatment of Pcod. It is always advised to go for an aerobic workout such as walking, swimming and jogging. This will lead in efficient way of weight loss and hence proves to be effective.
– Ovulation: Triggering on ovary to ovulate can only occur if the male hormone is suppressed efficiently and female hormone secretion balances.
– Unwanted hair growth: removal of unwanted hair growth through suppression of male hormone such as androgen, testosterone can be achieved through intake of birth control pills containing co-cyprindiol, Dianette, Marvelon and Yasmin.
Vitamins beneficial for Pcod
Vitamin D: deficiency of vitamin D can lead to insulin resistance and hence the chances of ovary cyst formation increases. In order to avoid this condition, sufficient amount of vitamin D intake is necessary.
Vitamin B8 (Inositol): vitamin B8 helps in improving the ovulatory functions.
Vitamin B9 (Folic acid): Folic acid in conjugation with inositol if taken regularly may help in proper ovulation.
Omega 3 supplements: proper intake of omega supplements may help to get rid of Pcod symptoms and hence helps regulating menstrual cycle efficiently.