Flat Stomach and ripped abs are dreams for many. These are the top 10 abs workouts for men and women both. Make sure you work on them regularly to get desired results:
- Plank: This is a core strength Abs Workout that strengthens your inner core transverse abdominis, multifidus, diaphragm, and pelvic floor. Take a Mat and start on the floor on your hands and knees. Lower your forearms to the floor with elbows positioned under your shoulders and your hands shoulder-width apart make a 90-degree angle. Step your feet back, one at a time. Maintain a straight line from heels through the top of your head, looking down at the floor, with gaze slightly in front of your face. Now, tighten your abs and hold. Make sure your head, spine and hips are in lined. Hold on for 15 Sec at least initially.
- Lateral Plank Workout: Get into plank position. Lift one leg and tap it out to the side about 12 inches from the stationary leg. Return to starting position and repeat on the right side. That’s one rep. Repeat it at least 5 times from each side.
- Lateral Plank Walk: Start in plank position. Step your left foot and hand to your left simultaneously. Then step your right foot and hand to the left so that you’re back in plank position. Repeat it at least 5 times each side.
4. Plank To Push-up: Get in a push-up position, but bend your one hand elbow and rest your weight on your other forearms. Your body should form a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles. Press your body up into the top position of a pushup by extending your arms one at a time. Pause, then reverse the movement and return to your elbows. That’s one rep.
5. Plank Knee Taps: Get into plank position. Shift your weight back of your feet as you reach your right hand to touch your left knee. Return to the starting position and repeat, again reach your right knee through left hand. That’s one rep.
6. Sweep Plank: Assume a pushup position with your arms completely straight. Your body should form a straight line. Slowly raise your left knee to your right elbow and swipe back to left side. Hold, and return to the starting position. Repeat with the right leg. That’s one rep.
7. Plank Jack: Start in a plank position. Jump your feet out to the sides, making sure your upper body doesn’t move. Jump back your feet to the starting position.
8. Dumbbell Drag: If you don’t have dumbbells you can use a bottle filled with water that can act as dumbbell. Get into a plank position with a dumbbell on the outside of your left arm. Pick up the weight with your right arm and drag it to your right side while keeping your body straight. Then, grab the weight with your left arm and drag it to your left side. That’s one rep.
9. Shoulder Taps: Get in to Pushup position and lift your left hand off the floor and touch your right shoulder, keeping your hips stable. Place your left arm back down and touch your right hand to your left shoulder.
10. Rotating (T) – Extension: Get in a pushup position. Keeping your arms straight and your core engaged, shift your weight onto your left arm, rotate your torso to the right, and lift your arm toward the ceiling so that your body forms a T. Hold for few seconds and return to the start. Repeat on the other side.
Try and make out time for yourself and make a practice to work out at least 45 minutes to 1 hour a day. Apart from regular workout routine it is also necessary to keep a check on your diet plan as well. Always remember that workout and diet goes hand in hand that means with regular workout you must avoid junk and processed foods, as alone workout cannot give you enough results. You must consult you nutritionist to provide you a diet plan according to your body type. Also never starve yourself; it’s merely an illusion that without having proper food you would make the mark. That’s really untrue, starving makes your body weak and feeble. Follow a proper diet plan that includes protein, fiber, carbohydrates, etc to provide you energy and all essential supplements to body.